Saturday, May 21, 2011

Farting After The Flu

Morales del Vino (Zamora), Miguel Pena Vicente: "The crisis of construction paper and many initiatives have been paralyzed"

13.4.2008
www.laopiniondezamora.es
"When I got to Morales in 1983 was the typewriter, a stove and the table. Not having had no phone. It would place a month after "

" I was born in Pereruela of Zamora Sayago and capital have always lived. " National Empowerment Officer, for 36 years as such, 25 of them as secretary of Morales. A long-running career that has earned the recognition of the City of his career, with a gold pin with the municipal shield received in the last plenary.

Morales arrived at the age of 28. It was his first Acting as an official destination state rating. Your workplace, the old Council of Morales brief equipped furniture: a round table, a typewriter and a brazier. "There was no telephone." Little did he know, Miguel Peña Vicente, takeoff so important that Morales would grant the people of urban development, much less that he was going to be one of the most important pillars which support the then mayor, José Hernández Macías " had the clear vision to know where Morales spent the future. "

- the profession has changed much since then?

- Totally. When I arrived at Morales, on April 2, 1983 was the typewriter, a stove and the table. Not having had no telephone, would be made a month later, in May of that year. The minutes of the plenary were made by hand, I agree that it was not until 85 when they began to transcribe machine. Now our work is fully computerized and through special programs are informed promptly of the subsidies, changes in legislation and have access to documentation. So much depends on our work in new technologies with any problem of power failure can not work.

- What are the advantages and disadvantages do you see between one large and one small town?

- When I arrived at Morales were virtually all dirt roads, there was only one development, "Las Villas", and the right bank of the national 630, what is the new village, they were all land cereals. In a small town you will be more than enough just to play the secretariat of a municipality, but as you drop a big one missing is more personal. For example, to me the issue of urban Morales has made me study more, when preparing the opposition. Just the planning agenda for exams was the "bogeyman" and you see where I have played so much from study to begin developing the partial plans 1 and 2, and everything that came later.

- A planning has undoubtedly been driven by you and has managed to take off Morales became the third municipality in the province after Benavente y Toro.

- I had the good fortune to work closely with Pepe (José Hernández Macías). My work has been processing information that has to follow the mayor, but the final decision to approve a business plan is always part of the Corporation. He, in the 80's, where was I saw very clear development of his people, and took the lead planning has been the true backbone of the take-Morales. My position is to work administratively with the mayor to touch me, and I've done, with great luck that twenty-year career I have developed an absolute complicity with Pepe. A larger, our relationship transcended beyond employment and I considered him a second father. I miss him very much. Councilman addition, he served as judge, or cure for many, had a very direct with people and was encouraging people to see where to spend the future of Morales. Working with him was an ongoing challenge because risking a lot. I remember in particular the construction of the pool, which opened on July 2, 1988. These facilities should be made with funds of the City because there was no aid.

- Is Morales accusing the slowdown that is occurring in construction?

- Very. Morales is being felt in the construction crisis as is happening in many parts of the country. Without going too far last year came three or four projects of work per week at City Hall, and now

so far this year just are working on these issues. Have been many initiatives stalled construction.

- Returning to his profession Is it normal that there are clashes between the political and administrative area which you exercise?

- I always remember the advice of a teacher who told us, "you do the things right, because if done well, is a triumph for the mayor, and if done wrong is the fault of the secretary." However, I have not been through any episode in which I have blame. Typically, there is collaboration and mayors today are more prepared and have more training than formerly, when in small towns and remote of the capital used to be the secretary, with the teacher, the doctor and the cure, people with more education.

- Do you work behind closed doors and also is involved with the problems of citizens?

- Sure you imply, because after all, after the mayor, you're the person with whom further dealings with the locals, who are the ones that come to you seeking solutions to problems they have. Solutions will largely responsible for granting the mayor.

- municipalities have capacity to manage many competitions as claimed?

- Municipalities is true that more and has more powers, but these are not linked to funding. Therefore, no increase personal or financial means. As an example, the City Council on its own can not create a public service position. You have to ask permission and show that the level of work demands it. It seems odd because in most cases too many officials, but no local government. I consider myself a lucky, because I have four other workers with me. But there are other colleagues in this profession who are alone because there is more media. However, local government is the one in direct contact with citizens and the most affected people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment